What Are Image Transfers?
Image transfers are a way to transfer an image or artwork onto your DIY project. In this case, on to painted furniture projects. There are multiple ways to transfer images but I’d like to focus on what I think is the easiest way. These image transfers appear intimidating and difficult but that couldn’t be farther from the truth.
How do Image Transfers Work?
To apply these image transfers, you simply follow a few easy steps:
- measure and mark where you intend to place your image
- peel the protective backing off of the image
- gently place the image where you would like it to go
- tape the image down to prevent it from moving
- gently rub the image with the wooden stick provided or a use popsicle stick
- slowly peel up the clear plastic
- your image should remain on the surface that you transferred it to.
Examples of Image Transfers on Painted Furniture
- The flat surface of a vintage buffet served as the perfect blank canvas to apply an image transfer.
- This modern media console was transformed using the leftover portion of an image transfer. The great thing about these image transfers is that you can cut them and use portions for different makeovers. One transfer can be split into multiple projects.
- A toy box with a simple one-word image applied to create a unique look. This makeover post includes a video tutorial for you as well.
Where to Find These Awesome Embellishments
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. Click here for my full disclosure policy.
Here are multiple unique image transfers available online, so you don’t even have to leave the house to find them. Bonus points for being a time saver, woot-woot!
Go forth and be creative!
I’ll be sharing this post at these fabulous link parties.
Don’t Forget – Follow Just the Woods and Share this post to Inspire others:
Subscribe to our mailing list here:
PINTEREST PIN READY TO SHARE