Disclosure: This mango pineapple smoothie recipe post contains affiliate links for your convenience. Click here for my full disclosure policy.
Tropical Mango Pineapple Smoothie Recipe
What You Will Need (Full Printable Recipe Available Below)
- 1/2 cup frozen Mango
- 1/2 cup frozen Pineapple
- 1 scoop Vanilla Protein Powder (this is the one that I use and Love: HERE)
- or 1 container vanilla Greek yogurt (or about 1/2 cup) (freeze for a thicker smoothie)
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- Maraschino cherry and coconut flakes for garnish (optional)
You will also need a high-speed blender.
How to Make a Pineapple Mango Smoothie
- Gather all of your ingredients. If you are using ripe mango and fresh juicy pineapple you can freeze your fruit the night before or buy already frozen fruit. This is part of what makes this smoothie recipe so great. If you don’t have fresh fruit on hand or if it is out of season you can always buy a bag of frozen pineapple chunks and frozen mango chunks at your local grocery store.
Combine all of the ingredients in a large blender or food processor. This is the one that I have: Blender and I love it. Blend until smooth. For a thinner consistency, you can add a little water, or orange juice, for thicker you can add ice cubes. Leaving this smoothie thicker is a great way to use it as a smoothie bowl base.
- You have an option with this mango pineapple smoothie. You can either use organic Greek yogurt OR vanilla protein powder. This is the protein powder that I use because it is vegan, soy-free, gluten-free, and dairy free. (here) More and more I opt for a scoop of protein powder over Greek yogurt as I have been leaning towards dairy free. But, of course, this is a personal preference. If you want to keep your pineapple mango protein smoothie dairy free then Nuzest is a great clean protein choice.
Enjoy as is or top with your choice of fresh mango pieces, fresh pineapple, a cherry, and/or flaked coconut.
Serve right away.
Frequently Asked Questions (and Variations)
- Can I use different fruits in this smoothie recipe? Of course. Feel free to add any tropical fruits that you’d like. Frozen banana is always a great option.
- How else can I make a dairy-free version of this recipe? Another dairy-free option is to use coconut yogurt, coconut cream, or creamy coconut milk to add a creamy texture to your smoothie. Using coconut also adds to the tropical flavors of the mango-pineapple smoothie. You can also opt for soy milk or oat milk.
- Can I make this creamy smoothie sweeter? Sure, we love that this smoothie is made with natural ingredients and no added sugar, but if you prefer it sweeter you can add a little maple syrup.
- How can I add protein without protein powder? To add protein, without protein powder you can try hemp seeds, or plain Greek yogurt for a boost of protein.
For more healthy clean eating recipes make sure to follow my clean eating Pinterest board here: Clean Eating.
Mango Pineapple Protein Smoothie Recipe (Printable Version)
- 1/2 cup frozen mango
- 1/2 cup frozen pineapple
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder 1 container vanilla Greek yogurt (or about 1/2 cup) (freeze for a thicker smoothie)
- 1/2 cup almond milk (unsweetened)
- Combine all ingredients in a blender
- Blend until smooth
- Top with frozen mango chunks, frozen pineapple chunks, maraschino cherry and/or coconut flakes for garnish (optional)
- makes 1 large or 2 small smoothies
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nuzest - Pea Protein Powder - Clean Lean Protein, Premium Vegan Plant Based Protein Powder, Dairy Free, Gluten Free, GMO Free, Naturally Sweetened Protein Shake, Smooth Vanilla, 20 Servings, 1.1 lb
Ninja Mega Kitchen System (BL770) Blender/Food Processor with 1500W Auto-iQ Base, 72oz Pitcher, 64oz Processor Bowl, (2) 16oz Cup for Smoothies, Dough & More
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 413Total Fat: 2gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 10mgSodium: 109mgCarbohydrates: 61gFiber: 5gSugar: 55gProtein: 40g
Nutritional information will vary based on products used and weight. This info is only an estimate