Starting Your Refinish:
(furniture provided by customer)
- Refinishing services require customers to thoroughly clean all surfaces to be painted and to have all necessary repairs made before starting. (spider webs, bobby pins, personal belongings, etc) This is not a service we provide. If cleaning is required prior to refinishing a 15% charge will be added to service.
- If repairs need to be made (wood filler, re-securing/nailing broken parts, sanding damage, water stains, etc) please let us know in advance or a 15% charge will be added to the service.
(furniture provided by customer or Just the Woods, LLC)
- If you would like an unfinished piece from my inventory customized before I’ve started it I do require a $50 non-refundable deposit to secure the piece- payable by cash, PayPal or credit card via PayPal. Also if you would like a particular item that I do not have in my inventory I can try to find something for you.
- A non-refundable deposit of $50 is required to reserve a piece provided by Just the Woods, and also to secure a place on the schedule for customer owned pieces. By sending electronic payment via PayPal or credit card you hereby agree to these terms and conditions. 50% of the total price is due prior to starting the project and the remaining balance is due upon completion.
- For furniture (provided by Just the Woods, LLC or customer): once complete, it must be picked up within 5 days or be subject to $10 per day storing charge, unless prior arrangements are made. If the item is not picked up – after 30 days it becomes the property of Just the Woods, LLC to be listed and sold. Any partial payment already made will be forfeited and considered the storage fee for the previous 30 days.
- Prices vary depending on the condition of the piece, the size of it and how much work is involved in the process. There are additional fees for cost of supplies needed.
- We can provide an approximate quote based on measurements and photos, but quote may be subject to change once the piece is seen in person. The quote is an estimate until the signing of the contract for services. Quotes given are valid for 30 days – Deposit must be made and contract signed/ returned within 30 days or quote becomes void.
- We do not take pieces that have previously been painted.
- There is an approximate 4-month wait for custom work.
- You can find our pricing info here: PRICING
Acceptable Payment Options: Cash, Paypal or Credit Card via Paypal. All prices include taxes and fees.
Please note that all hand painted pieces will have unique characteristics and will have minor imperfections that come with the age of a vintage piece.
** Rest assured that your piece has been painted and sealed using top of the line, made in the USA, no (and/or) low VOC, hypoallergenic, safe products. Safe for children, pets, persons with chemical sensitivities, milk allergies and YOU.
Caring for you new refinished piece:
- Your newly finished painted piece needs appx 21 days to cure. Please treat it with care and avoid excess handling during this time.
- To clean your painted piece, use a mild soap & water. Never use a degreaser soap that can effect the protective top coat.
- Avoid all contact with furniture polish, sprays, excessive water, alcohol and anything acidic.
- If this is a table or desk – consider using a blotter pad to avoid pressing into a finished piece when writing on top of it.
- Consider a custom cut glass to protect the top of your piece. I can provide info for a local business on Staten Island that specializes in custom cut glass if needed.
We can recommend a local delivery service for blanket wrapped delivery for a reasonable fee. We can also assist in finding a shipping company if you are not local to the NYC area.
ALL SALES ARE FINAL. NO REFUNDS.
If you decide to use our services an order/contract detailing all info and pricing will be drawn up prior to the start of the project.
Contact Just the Woods, LLC in two different ways!
Don’t miss out! Subscribe here to be added to the mailing list :