You are going to love these blueberry protein pancakes. It is the best blueberry pancakes recipe. And once I figured out how to make blueberry pancakes and prevent the blueberries from turning to mush I will never make them any other way again.
Disclosure: This best blueberry pancake recipe post contains affiliate links for your convenience. Click here for my full disclosure policy.
Homemade Protein Powder Blueberry Pancake Recipe
What You Will Need (Full Printable Recipe Available Below)
- 1 single serve container cashew yogurt
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 scoops/1 serving protein powder
- 1/4 cup (10g) freeze dried blueberries
Additional – toppings of your choice (optional)
- berries / fresh fruit
- pure maple syrup
Along with eating clean and trying to keep my family eating healthy I also see a nutritionist. To make a long story short he runs a full blood panel and can see where my body is lacking things or has an abundance etc. Then we take this info and use food as a sort of medicine to address any issues. For example, my thyroid is a mess, my glutamine is extremely low, and my hormones are a mess. To keep it simple, my current diet now includes more cashews and less almonds. More pork, and less chicken.
I find myself seeking out recipes and then making a lot of changes to them to keep them healthy for myself and my family. As a result I now plan to add more alternative clean eating recipes to my blog. This healthy protein pancake recipe is actually very similar to my healthy protein pancake recipe. Like my other protein pancake recipe this blueberry pancake recipe is gluten free, clean eating, and paleo. This one is also dairy free and is made with vegan protein powder and blueberries.
Clean Eating Basic
Continuing on, and rewinding at the same time – I mention that this is a clean eating recipe because I am all about eating healthy and clean eating. If you are new to a clean eating way of life then you need to check out Everything You Need to Know about a Clean Eating Diet. You can also see how I lost 50 lbs and am keeping it off by following a clean eating diet here: How I Lost 50 Lbs Clean Eating. I tend to try different things and mix different flavors to keep meals healthy and tasty.
How to Make the Best Blueberry Protein Pancakes
As always, let’s start by gathering our ingredients. These are a base ingredients for making the best blueberry pancakes. A quick rundown:
- Clean Lean Protein – this plant protein has all the good stuff and none of the bad. It is gluten free, dairy free, soy free, no artificial sweeteners, no weird ingredients. It is vegan and perfect for clean eating. If whey protein leaves you feeling bloated then you need to try this one instead! You can get it online here: Clean Protein Powder
- Cashewmilk yogurt – this yogurt is a great dairy free option to use instead of regular or Greek yogurt. I always use the plain and the vanilla flavored cashew yogurt. If you can’t find this in your local grocery store you can get some online here: cashew yogurt.
- Pasture raised eggs – when buying eggs I try to get pasture raised. These have a deep orange yolk instead of yellow because the hens are allowed to roam about the pasture and soak up the sun. They tend to be much better for you then the conventional eggs.
Next, when you make homemade blueberry pancakes you definitely need blueberries. But how often do you struggle with mushy blueberries, or burning blueberries? I found the trick to making the best blueberry pancakes without those issues is to use freeze dried blueberries! Just make sure that there aren’t any added ingredients like sugar. You can get them in Trader Joe’s and if you don’t have a Trader Joe’s near you, these are available online and have only one ingredient: blueberries!
How to Make Blueberry Pancakes with Protein
Let’s start off with our three eggs in a bowl. I like to use my glass Pyrex because I can easily pour the blueberry protein pancake mixture from it. Notice how orange the yolks are?
Next, add the cashew yogurt, baking powder, vanilla extract and protein powder.
Stir your pancake mix thoroughly.
Now we get to add the freeze dried blueberries. With fresh blueberries, they are already juicy and plump. Normally, that is a good thing. But you run into issues with them bursting, burning or becoming mushy when you make pancakes with fresh blueberries. With freeze dried blueberries the moisture from the pancake mix will soften them allowing them to cook evenly and not burn or become too mushy in your homemade pancakes.
Make sure to thoroughly stir your blueberry pancake mix to fully incorporate your blueberries.
Making Blueberry Protein Pancakes on the Griddle
Time to pour. We use this griddle every day. If you have a spot to store it when not in use its a great little thing to have. Pour your protein blueberry pancake mix onto your griddle. With this griddle I set the temp between 275 and 300 degrees. When you see little bubbles, so ahead and flip your pancakes.
The Best Blueberry Protein Pancakes Recipe
Stack your protein blueberry pancakes and top them with your favorite toppings.
Add a few fresh blueberries and drizzle with a little pure maple syrup and enjoy.
These tasty and healthy blueberry pancakes are packed with blueberries.
You can also add a berry topping instead of syrup if you prefer. My ‘go-to’ topping is a mixture of blueberries and blackberries. I put a few berries in a small dish and heat in the microwave, then mash a little bit and voila.
Protein Pancake Nutritional Values
Nutritional values will vary depending on products used and how many pancakes you actually eat.
- 12 pancakes – If you eat the entire stack (all 12 pancakes) which is what my husband eats, from this protein blueberry pancake recipe the Macro breakdown is as follow: 488 calories, 23.1g fat, 28.6g carbs, 41.9g protein.
- 6 pancakes – If you eat half the recipe (6 pancakes) which is what I eat, the macro breakdown is 244 calories, 11.5g fat, 14.3g carbs, 21g protein.
- 4 pancakes – If you split this recipe three ways and eat approximately 4 pancakes (this is how many my kids eat) the breakdown is 163 calories, 7.7g fat, 9.5g carbs, 14g protein.
- Mix all ingredients together except freeze dried blueberries
- Stir, then add blueberries
- cook on griddle at 275
- top with fruit or pure maple syrup
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 244Total Fat: 11.5gSaturated Fat: 2.2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 277mgSodium: 289mgCarbohydrates: 14.3gFiber: 7.6gSugar: 8.5gProtein: 21g