This egg roll in a bowl recipe is one of those recipes that are a part of our meal rotation. It’s just that good, and easy to make. Win win. In addition to being an easy egg roll in a bowl recipe it is also gluten free, clean eating and paleo egg roll in a bowl. So if you are looking to keep things healthy like me, then you are in luck.
Disclosure: This clean eating healthy egg roll in a bowl recipe post contains affiliate links for your convenience. Click here for my full disclosure policy.
Healthy Easy Egg Roll in a Bowl
What You Will Need (Full Printable Recipe Available Below)
- 1lb ground turkey
- 12oz organic Cole sale mix (rainbow slaw, broccoli slaw are fine too)
- 2 Tbsp coconut aminos (find it here: coconut aminos)
- 1 Tbsp minced ginger
- 1 Tbsp sesame oil
- avocado oil (I like this brand here: avocado oil)
- *1 tsp minced garlic (optional)
Along with eating clean and trying to keep my family eating healthy I also see a nutritionist. To make a long story short he runs a full blood panel and can see where my body is lacking certain things or has an abundance etc. Then we take this info and use food as a sort of medicine to address any issues. For example, my thyroid is a mess, my glutamine is extremely low, and my hormones are a mess. To keep it simple, my current diet now includes more cashews and less almonds. More pork, and less chicken. I find myself seeking out recipes and then making a lot of changes to them to keep them healthy for myself and my family. As a result I now plan to add more alternative clean eating recipes to my blog.
Clean Eating Basics
Continuing on, and rewinding at the same time – I mention that this is a clean eating recipe because I am all about eating healthy and clean eating. If you are new to a clean eating way of life then you need to check out Everything You Need to Know about a Clean Eating Diet. You can also see how I lost 50 lbs and am keeping it off by following a clean eating diet here: How I Lost 50 Lbs Clean Eating. I tend to try different things and mix different flavors to keep meals healthy and tasty.
Gluten Free Guilt Free Egg Roll in a Bowl Recipe
As usual, we will start by gathering our ingredients.
If you are looking for a paleo egg roll in a bowl recipe this one fits the bill. Sesame oil is one of those ingredients that are considered ok in moderation for the paleo diet, as far as I know. You can get sesame oil online here: sesame oil.
If you are new to using coconut aminos, all you really need to know is that it is a healthier alternative to standard soy sauce. Lower in sodium and obviously, without soy. You can get some online here: aminos.
- Lightly spray your skillet with avocado oil. Just enough to coat and prevent your turkey from sticking. Cook your ground turkey in the skillet until it is fully cooked and browned. You do not want to see any pink. (approximately 14-16 minutes)
- Once the ground turkey is fully cooked go ahead and add the coconut aminos, minced ginger, sesame oil and minced garlic.
- Next, add the coleslaw mix and cook for a few minutes to allow the flavors to mix and the coleslaw to soften a bit.
If you prefer a pork egg roll in a bowl, you can easily sub out the turkey for ground pork.
Guilt Free Easy Egg Roll in a Bowl Recipe
Serve immediately and enjoy.
Some nights we enjoy this egg roll in a bowl recipe as the main dish, and other nights we serve with a side of jasmine rice. This recipe is a low carb egg roll in a bowl recipe which allows for a bit of flexibility depending on your personal lifestyle goals.
This easy egg roll in a bowl recipe is quite flexible and works with broccoli slaw if you can’t find coleslaw mix at your local grocery store.
- Ass a little avocado oil to your skillet.
- Cook your ground turkey in the skillet until it’s fully cooked and browned. (14-16 minutes).
- Stir in the coconut aminos, minced ginger, sesame oil, and minced garlic.
- Stir in coleslaw mix and cook for another few minutes until the coleslaw mix has softened just a bit.
- serve and enjoy
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Lee Kum Kee Ginger Minced 7.5 OZ
- Pompeian Avocado Oil Cooking Spray - 5 Ounce
- 365 Everyday Value, Toasted Sesame Seed Oil, 8.4 fl oz
- Coconut Secret Coconut Aminos (2 Pack) - 8 fl oz - Low Sodium Soy Sauce Alternative, Low-Glycemic - Organic, Vegan, Non-GMO, Gluten-Free, Kosher - Keto, Paleo - 96 Total Servings
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 239Total Fat: 12.6gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gCholesterol: 75mgSodium: 90mgCarbohydrates: 8.5gFiber: 2gSugar: 5gProtein: 24g
nutritional values are estimates and may vary depending on products/ingredients used.