This chickpea salad recipe with roasted cauliflower, avocado and packed with healthy veggies really hits the spot when you want something light and healthy. It also falls under all of these categories: clean eating, gluten-free, refined sugar-free and vegan chickpea recipes. The fact that its beautiful and colorful is just an added bonus.
Disclosure: This clean eating roasted cauliflower and avocado chickpea salad recipe post contain affiliate links for your convenience. Click here for my full disclosure policy.
Healthy Avocado Chickpea Salad Recipe
What You Will Need (Full Printable Recipe Available Below)
- Head cauliflower, florets separated
- 1 can chickpeas, drained
- 3 cups fresh spinach
- 8-10 small colorful tomatoes
- 2 cups bagged broccoli slaw
- 1 avocado, thinly sliced
- 2 fresh carrots, sliced on the diagonal
- 1⁄2 cup fresh or frozen peas (thawed)
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- *optional* Cheese – Parmesan, feta or goat cheese
- Favorite salad dressing or make your own
- 1 Tbsp fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp whole grain dijon mustard (find it here)
I am all about eating healthy and clean eating. If you are new to a clean eating way of life then you need to check out Everything You Need to Know about a Clean Eating Diet. You can also see how I, personally have lost 50 lbs and am keeping it off by following a clean eating diet here: How I Lost 50 Lbs Clean Eating. I tend to try different things and mix different flavors to keep meals healthy and tasty. With a salad the possibilities are endless!
How to Make this Delicious Avocado Chickpea Salad
Let’s start with the ingredients. Make sure you have everything you need before we begin. No one likes to have to run to the store in the middle of preparing a meal because you forgot something.
How to Roast Chickpeas
- Now, preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Your chickpeas will bake for 40 minutes while the cauliflower only needs to bake for 20 minutes. We will add the cauliflower to the oven once the chickpeas have been in there for 20 minutes.
- Drain your chickpeas if you haven’t already. Then mix the chickpeas with 1 Tbsp olive oil, 1 tsp garlic powder, 1/2 tsp salt, 1/2 tsp pepper. Mix it all together to coat the chickpeas.
- Lay your chickpeas out on a baking sheet or oven safe dish and place them in the oven. Set your timer for 20 minutes.
Prepping Remaining Vegetables
- While your chickpeas are roasting in the oven slice the cauliflower into large pieces.
- Mix the cauliflower florets with 2 tbsp olive oil, 1 tsp garlic powder, 1⁄2 tsp salt, 1⁄2 tsp pepper.
- Set aside until the chickpea timer goes off.
- Cut and chop your tomatoes and carrots.
- Slice the avocado.
- When the 20 minutes timer goes off remove your chickpeas from the oven.
- Give them a stir and place them back into the oven to continue roasting.
- Add the cauliflower to the oven at this point as well.
- Set timer for an additional 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes remove the roasted chickpeas and roasted cauliflower from the oven.
- Plate the salad and top with salad dressing and cheese if desired.
- You can easily add grilled chicken or shrimp to this avocado chickpea salad recipe to complete the meal. Or leave it alone and enjoy as is.
Super Healthy Avocado Chickpea Salad (Printable Version)
If you love healthy salad recipes then make sure to check out 20+ Healthy Salad Recipes.