Yogurt bark is a quick and healthy treat that you will love. Made with sweet berries and greek yogurt you can’t go wrong with this clean eating snack. You know how much I love my sweets and snacks but also like to keep it healthy. This is another kid approved snacking favorite around here.
Disclosure: This healthy berry yogurt bark recipe post contains affiliate links for your convenience. Click here for my full disclosure policy.
Healthy Chocolate Berry Yogurt Bark Recipe
What You Will Need (Full Printable Recipe Available Below)
How to Make Delicious Berry Yogurt Bark
Who knew there were so many Greek yogurt recipes? Seriously, something that has always been thought of as a basic breakfast item can be used in so many ways. I never would have thought Greek yogurt dessert would be a thing, but as we broaden our minds and our taste buds we discover there are so many things out there to try and eat. For example, I add greek yogurt to my chili instead of sour cream and it’s delicious. But that’s for another day. Let’s get back to this amazing frozen yogurt bark!
This easy yogurt bark recipe is delicious, gluten-free and ‘clean’ for those following a healthy lifestyle. If you are new to a clean eating way of life then you need to check out Everything You Need to Know about a Clean Eating Diet.
Tips for Choosing Your Yogurt Bark Ingredients
- Greek Yogurt – When it comes to keeping things clean and healthy you want to grab the plain Greek yogurt. Avoid the ones with added fruits, or added anything for that matter. You also do not need to get the fat free, low fat, varieties. Depending on my mood, some days I opt for full fat, where other days I opt for partial fat Greek yogurt. To make this tasty treat dairy free I wold try to swap out the Greek yogurt for a full fat plain coconut yogurt instead.
- Fruit – as often as possible try to get organic. Some people don’t think organic makes a difference, but personally, I think the organic fruit is more natural in size (smaller) and sweeter in taste.
- Chocolate chips – if you opt for standard chocolate chips you are adding additional sugar and ingredients that you don’t even need or want in your yogurt bark. The majority of my recipes that call for chocolate chips I use a combo of 100% cacao chips (here) and 85% cacao chips (here). My kids sometimes say that I use fake chocolate, but I think it’s just as tasty and much better for you. Keep in mind, my kids will still devour any of these recipes made with cacao chocolate.
- Honey – I tend to use a lot of honey as a sweetener. Make sure when you buy your honey that it is pure, raw and unfiltered. This is the one that I use and love (here).
Directions for Making Yogurt Bark
- Lay a piece of parchment paper over a standard baking sheet.
- Measure and add the Greek yogurt to a large bowl.
- Add the honey to the bowl.
- A quick tip: when measuring honey, if you spray the measuring cup, bowl or spoon with olive oil first, the honey will slide right out with ease.
- Next, add the vanilla extract into the mixing bowl and stir combined well.
- Once you have thoroughly mixed the yogurt bark ingredients together spread the Greek yogurt mixture out in an even layer onto the parchment paper.
- Do not make your yogurt layer too thin, or it will crumble under the weight of the berries.
- Now is your chance to make this greek yogurt dessert look pretty as well as tasty. Place the sliced strawberries along the surface of your yogurt bark.
- Next, add the blueberries.
- Sprinkle on the chocolate cacao chips.
- You may or may not opt to drizzle a little more honey onto your yogurt bark at this point if you want. It’s completely up to you.
- Making sure to keep the yogurt bark pan flat, place it into the freezer to set for at least 3 hours. Keeping it in the freezer overnight is ideal if possible. The longer it has to set, the easier it will be to break into pieces.
Serve and Enjoy
Once the frozen yogurt bark is fully set you can break it into pieces and enjoy cold. If you have any leftovers, store in an airtight container like these (here) in the freezer for up to a week.
Need support on your health journey? Consider Nutrition & Health Coaching! Im a certified coach (no gimmicks, no starving, no push for products). Click here for more info: Nutrition & Health Coaching.
Homemade Healthy Berry Yogurt Bark Recipe with Cacao Chips (Printable Version)
- 3 cup plain greek yogurt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup raw honey
- 1 cup sliced strawberries
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1/3 cup chocolate cacao chips
- Lay a piece of parchment paper over a baking sheet.
- Mix together the Greek yogurt, honey, and vanilla in a large bowl until combined well.
- Spread the Greek yogurt out in an even layer onto the parchment paper. Do not make your yogurt layer too thin, or it will crumble under the weight of the berries.
- Place the sliced strawberries along the surface of the yogurt.
- Add the blueberries
- Sprinkle on the chocolate chips.
- Optional - drizzle your yogurt bark with extra honey at this point if desired.
- Place the sheet pan into the freezer to set for at least 3 hours, but overnight would be best. The longer it has to set, the easier it will be to break into pieces.
- Store in an airtight container in the freezer for up to a week.
Try full fat coconut milk for a dairy free alternative.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 228Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 8mgSodium: 74mgCarbohydrates: 34gFiber: 2gSugar: 28gProtein: 13g
nutritional value will vary and is an estimate