Cookie dough bites are an easy and delicious snack to make and keep on hand. These funfetti cookie dough bites have only a few ingredients, are no bake, gluten free, clean eating, and so easy to make. If you every dreamed of healthy birthday cake cookie dough bites these are them.
Disclosure: This clean eating cookie dough balls recipe post contains affiliate links for your convenience. Click here for my full disclosure policy.
No Bake Cookie Dough Bites Recipe
What You Will Need (Full Printable Recipe Available Below)
- 1 ¼ cup ground gluten free rolled oats
- 2 Tbsp raw honey
- 2 Tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1/3 cup nut butter of choice (almond or cashew butter)
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- Desired amount of rainbow sprinkles
Homemade protein bitess are one of my all-time favorite healthy clean eating snacks. I keep mine in a container in the fridge for when I want something quick, easy and to curb the sweet cravings. I admit that once in a while I eat so many that it feels like I’m defeating the purpose. They are so yummy it’s hard to believe they are healthy. These birthday cake cookie dough bites are a hit with the kids because well anything with sprinkles is a hit. I should start adding sprinkles to vegetables. These healthy cookie dough bites are actually gluten-free and refined sugar-free making them virtually guilt free. Some days I snack on raw nuts, while other days I really want something sweet. These, along with all of my delicious smoothie recipes, there are always healthy energy balls, muffins and/or donuts in my grab and go stash of snacks. I am a huge ‘snacker’ so these have played a large part in my clean eating journey to losing over 50 lbs.
Clean Eating Basics
That being said, I am all about eating healthy and clean eating. If you are new to a clean eating way of life then you need to check out Everything You Need to Know about a Clean Eating Diet. You can also see how I lost 50 lbs and am keeping it off by following a clean eating diet here: How I Lost 50 Lbs Clean Eating. I tend to try different things and mix different flavors to keep meals healthy and tasty. Snacks are also my jam. I love making homemade protein bars, muffins, and energy bites. You can never have too many snacks on hand. Just don’t eat them all at once.
How to Make Healthy Cookie Dough Bites
Let’s start by gathering our ingredients. To be honest, these simple ingredients tend to be a staple in my clean eating diet. At any given time you will always find these in my kitchen because they are used so often in a variety of different recipes.
Gluten Free Rolled Oats
- These, like most clean eating desserts, are full of raw and organic ingredients. The oats are rolled oats and not quick oats. Rolled oats are great because they are a slow digesting carb. I also prefer gluten-free and order these gluten-free organic rolled oats online HERE. These oats are also great for making apple oatmeal muffins and so many other healthy snacks.
- To keep these healthy cookie dough bites refined sugar-free, we are using raw honey as a sweetener. Honey is a much better alternative to traditional table sugar. I often get this brand online HERE.
Another natural sweetener is pure maple syrup. Not the sugar water kind, but the pure kind. It’s often a bit more pricy but the quality is much better.
Like many of my clean eating snack recipes, you can easily interchange your nut butter based personal preference. Whether I use almond, peanut or cashew butter just make sure to read the label and ingredients. Make sure that the only ingredient in your peanut butter is peanuts, and in your almond butter is almonds, etc. Many brands tend to sneak in extra oils or sugars that you don’t need. These nut butters from Trader Joes are great.
For cashew butter, this is the one I like and you can even get it online if you can’t find it in your local store. Here: Cashew Butter.
Additionally, we will use cinnamon, vanilla extract and rainbow sprinkles. You can find sprinkles made without artificial dyes online here: sprinkles.
Now that we have our ingredients we can get started with a few simple steps in making our birthday cake cookie dough bites.
- Measure out your ingredients first to make things easier.
- In a food processor or coffee grinder, blend oats into flour.
- Next, combine the ground oats, with honey, maple syrup, nut butter, cinnamon and vanilla. Mix well.
- Roll the cookie dough mixture into small balls, then roll in the rainbow sprinkles. (If the sprinkles do not stick well you can roll each ball in a little water, then in the sprinkles to get them to stick.)
- Store the cookie dough bites in the refrigerator to set for approximately 1 hr.
Easy No Bake Birthday Cake Cookie Cough Bites Recipe (Printable Version)
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases. nutritional values are estimates and may vary depending on products/ingredients used.
Nutrition Information: Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 85Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 3mgSodium: 19mgCarbohydrates: 12gFiber: 1gSugar: 5gProtein: 2g
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
nutritional values are estimates and may vary depending on products/ingredients used.