Ninja Foodi hard boiled eggs are the best way to make a perfect hard boiled egg. Cooking eggs just got a whole lot easier. You can cook up to a dozen hard-boiled eggs at a time
If you’re looking for a super-easy way to cook hard boiled eggs, look no further than your Ninja Foodi! In this blog post, we’ll show you how to make perfect hard boiled eggs in the Ninja Foodi. We will be using the pressure cooker option on the Foodi.
If you don’t have a Foodi, you can easily adapt this hard-boiled egg recipe to the Instant Pot.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links for your convenience. Click here for my full disclosure policy
With eggs cooked to perfection in 4 minutes (plus heat time), pressure cooking is a great way to cook eggs quickly and easily.
The best part is that they always turn out perfect. If you’ve never made hard boiled eggs in an electric pressure cooker before, don’t worry, it’s very simple. And if you don’t have a Ninja Foodi pressure cooker don’t sweat it.
You can use any pressure cooker or Instant Pot for this recipe as an alternative. Just follow these steps and you’ll have perfect eggs every time.
What You Need to Make the Best Ninja Foodi Hard Boiled Eggs
To hard boil eggs in the Ninja Foodi all you need are eggs, a little water, and the Ninja Foodi.
We have this Ninja Foodi, and love it! The Ninja Foodi can be found online here: Ninja Foodi. You can also find different models and sizes of the Foodi with different capabilities online here: Ninja. For making soup, make sure to get a Foodi with the pressure cooker function.
The Ninja Foodi pressure cooker is an absolute kitchen essential. It can help you make anything from delicious stews to healthy veggie dishes in a fraction of the time.
But that’s not all. The Ninja Foodi also has a built-in air fryer, so you can get that perfect crispy texture on your food without having to use any oil at all. Plus, it comes with a bunch of different cooking presets. You can just set it and forget it.
Whether you’re a seasoned chef or a complete novice, the Ninja Foodi is an essential tool for anyone who wants to whip up something tasty in a hurry.
Hard Boiled Eggs: A Clean Eating Staple
If you’re looking for food that is delicious, versatile, and nutritious, look no further than the humble egg. Eggs are a staple in my clean-eating household for good reason. They check all the boxes. Not only are they a great source of protein (6g in one large egg), but they are also extremely filling and can easily be incorporated into any meal. They are also great for your meal prep plan.
Whether you’re looking for a quick snack or a hearty breakfast, eggs have got you covered. If you’re not already including eggs in your daily life, now is the time to start.
How to Make Ninja Foodi Eggs
First, place the air fryer basket into the Foodi. Then pour one cup of water into the Ninja Foodi cooking pot.
Then place the large eggs into the air fryer basket in the Ninja Foodi. I like to cook a dozen eggs at a time because my kids love to snack on hard boiled eggs throughout the day.
Next, secure the pressure cooker lid on the Foodi and make sure to set the quick release valve to “seal”.
How Long to Cook Hard Boiled Eggs in the Ninja Foodi
Select the pressure cooking function on the Ninja Foodi.
Next, set a 4 minute cook time, and press start.
Once the Foodi reaches pressure the timer will start to count down the 4 minutes. Keep in mind that it can take up to around 10 minutes for the Foodi to reach pressure before it counts down.
Pressure Cooker Hard Boiled Eggs
As soon as the 4 minutes are up your Ninja Foodi hard-boiled eggs are finished. If you don’t notice that the eggs have finished cooking the Foodi will automatically begin a natural pressure release. I don’t have the patience for that so I always switch the release valve to quick release.
Carefully, switch the valve from seal to vent. Hot steam will begin to release from the valve. Be careful not to get burned.
The red pressure button will let you know if the Ninja Foodi is still under high pressure.
When the remaining pressure drops down to a low pressure and it’s safe to open the red button will drop. Do not attempt to force open the pressure cooker lid when the Ninja Foodi is under pressure. The locking system is a safety feature.
Once it is safe to remove the pressure cooking lid carefully remove the eggs with a pair of silicone tongs. Use silicone tongs to avoid scratching the steamer basket.
Place eggs into an ice water bath in a large bowl or directly back into the refrigerator.
This simple cooking process results in perfectly cooked eggs. The egg shell will peel off easily, and you’ll be left with 12 perfectly boiled eggs with a fully cooked egg white and perfect yolk.
We keep our Ninja Foodi hard-boiled eggs in the original carton. When storing hard boiled eggs in the refrigerator make sure to use cardboard egg cartons. If you use plastic or styrofoam make sure that the eggs are no longer hot. The heat will melt the carton. Only place cold eggs into those cartons.
Adjustments to Pressure Cooking Time
Cooking hard-boiled eggs in the Ninja Foodi pressure cooker does not take much time. I recommend starting by following this recipe and making adjustments as needed.
If your eggs are undercooked, keep them in for a minute longer. And if they are slightly overcooked, make a mental note and put them in for a little less time the next time around.
For me, 4 minutes is the magic number that works for us. If you are using an Instant Pot or different pressure cooker your time may need to be adjusted slightly.
Easy Hard Boiled Eggs Recipes
Don’t be fooled by their simplicity – hard boiled eggs are a versatile and delicious ingredient that can be used in all sorts of recipes. Here are a few easy ideas to get you started:
- Simple hard-boiled egg with salt – Keeping things as simple as possible is my favorite way to enjoy these Ninja Foodi hard-boiled eggs. Remove the shell, and sprinkle with a little salt. That’s it.
- Egg salad: This classic dish is perfect for a quick lunch or light dinner. Simply chop up some hard-boiled eggs and mix with mayonnaise, diced celery, and salt and pepper to taste. Serve on bread to make egg salad sandwiches, or crackers, or enjoy as is.
- Egg BLT: This twist on the classic sandwich is sure to please. Start with a layer of egg salad, then add some crisp bacon, lettuce, and tomato. Serve on toasted bread for a delicious and easy meal. You can always mix it up and use turkey bacon or regular bacon. Either way, I prefer the Applegate brand because they have organic and nitrate-free options.
- Deviled eggs: A party favorite, deviled eggs are always a hit. Start by slicing hard-boiled eggs in half and removing the yolks. Mash the yolks with mayonnaise, mustard, and seasonings to taste, then spoon into the egg whites. Top with a sprinkle of paprika before serving.
- Potato Salad – combine cooked potatoes, mayo, fresh parsley, and chopped-up hard-boiled egg.
FAQs and Recipe Variations
- Can I cook hard boiled eggs in the pressure cooker? The obvious answer at this point is YES.
- How long does it take to boil eggs in a pressure cooker? Contrary to the name, making Hard “Boiled” Eggs in a pressure cooker doesn’t involve boiling at all. The eggs are cooked under intense heat and pressure with a water bath underneath. All you need is 4 minutes for perfectly cooked hard boiled eggs.
- Will eggs explode in a pressure cooker? Eggs can explode at times when cooked for more than five minutes under high pressure.
- Do I have to put the eggs in an ice bath? No, you can just place them back in the fridge once they come out of the Ninja Foodi/pressure cooker. The most important part is that they get cooled down.
Make sure to check out my other Ninja Foodi recipes here: Ninja Foodi
- one dozen eggs
- Add 1 cup of water to Ninja Foodi base
- place 12 eggs into Ninja Foodi
- Select 'Pressure" then 4 mintues on Foodi
- Make sure to set the release valve to seal
- Press start and wait
- Once the Foodi reaches pressure the timer will count down 4 minutes
- As soon as 4 minutes are up use the quick release valve to release steam. BE CAREFUL - THE STEAM IS HOT
- Remove eggs from Foodi and place in an ice bath or place in the fridge to cool
- Enjoy once the eggs are cooled
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
2 Pack Black Kitchen Tongs, Premium Silicone BPA Free Non-Stick Stainless Steel BBQ Cooking Grilling Locking Food Tongs, 9-Inch & 12-Inch
Vital Farms 1 Dozen Organic Pasture-Raised Eggs, Large, Brown, Certified Humane, 12 Ct
Ninja OP301 Pressure Cooker, Steamer & Air Fryer w/TenderCrisp Technology Pressure & Crisping Lid, 6.5 quart, Black/Gray
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 72Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 186mgSodium: 71mgCarbohydrates: 0gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 6g
nutritional values are estimates and may vary depending on products/ingredients used.
For more healthy clean-eating recipes make sure to follow my clean-eating Pinterest board here: Clean Eating.