Get your daily dose of healthy green smoothie with this spinach avocado smoothie recipe. Add protein powder and chia seeds for additional nutrients.
If anyone told me 6 months ago that I would enjoy green smoothies I probably would’ve laughed at them. But hey, we can all change can’t we? Especially, when our health is on the line. When I learned that my cholesterol was 235 and I already knew that I was overweight it was time to make a change. I get into that more in my post about losing weight and getting healthy with Clean Eating. But along with a healthier lifestyle, I have come to love my daily healthy smoothies. So much so, that I’m sharing my smoothie recipes with you to enjoy as well.
Disclosure: This spinach avocado green smoothie post contains affiliate links for your convenience. Click here for my full disclosure policy.
Spinach Avocado Green Smoothie Recipe
What You Will Need (Full Printable Recipe Available Below)
What’s in a green smoothie? Here are the ingredients you will need to gather for your green avocado smoothie:
How to Make an Avocado Green Smoothie
There are so many options when making smoothies with avocado, so make sure to try different variations each time and find the one that you love the best. For this particular avocado green smoothie, you will need to first gather your ingredients. There is nothing like having your heart set on a recipe and then realizing that you don’t have everything you need. But we adapt, overcome and smoothie on. 😉
- In a blender, combine the coconut milk (or almond milk), spinach, avocado, honey, lemon juice and the protein powder (if using). I can’t remember the last time I ever made a smoothie without the protein powder. This is the protein powder that I use and love: HERE. It’s a plant-based, organic, vegan protein powder.
- Blend on high until smooth. Add the ice cubes to your avocado and spinach smoothie and blend well.
- Pour your healthy avocado smoothie into serving glasses. Sprinkle a teaspoon of chia seeds (optional) in each glass and serve immediately.
This green smoothie recipe makes 2 servings so you can share with a friend.
- Because the avocado oxidizes quickly, it is best consumed immediately. If stored, it might darken a bit, but it will still be delicious. If you don’t plan to drink your spinach avocado smoothie right away then I would suggest you keep it in a Yeti tumbler. The Yeti keeps drinks super cold or hot for a very long time.
- Any frozen fruit like frozen pineapple, mangoes or peaches can also be added to this smoothie. If you choose to add another fruit, make sure to reduce the amount of sweetener (honey or syrup) and ice a little bit.
- You can also garnish with a sliced lemon.
Find more delicious healthy smoothie recipes here: Smoothies!
Spinach Avocado Green Smoothie (Printable Version)
- 1 cup Baby Spinach
- 1/2 large Avocado
- 1 cup Coconut Milk, or Almond Milk
- 2 Tbsp Honey or Maple Syrup
- Juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 1/2 cup Ice
- 2 scoops Vanilla Protein Powder, optional
- 1 tsp Chia seeds, optional
- In a blender, combine the coconut milk (or almond milk), spinach, avocado, honey, lemon juice and the protein powder (if using)
- Blend on high until smooth. Add the ice cubes and blend well.
- Pour it into serving glasses. Sprinkle a teaspoon of chia seeds (optional) in each glass and serve immediately.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 2 Servings
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 617Total Fat: 34gSaturated Fat: 23gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 5mgSodium: 160mgCarbohydrates: 56gFiber: 6gSugar: 42gProtein: 30g
nutritional values will vary