Homemade peppermint patties are the best when they fit into your healthy lifestyle without all that added sugar. This healthy peppermint patty recipe fits in with those following a clean eating lifestyle, a gluten-free diet and it’s also keto friendly. When you are craving that peppermint patty candy but don’t need the refined sugar these are a no-brainer.
Disclosure: This homemade peppermint patties recipe contains affiliate links for your convenience. Click here for my full disclosure policy.
Healthy Homemade Peppermint Patties Recipe
What You Will Need (Full Printable Recipe Available Below)
(Makes 16 peppermint patties)
Peppermint Patty Filling:
- 1/2 cup Coconut Oil (find it HERE)
- 1/2 cup Monk fruit Sugar (find it HERE)
- 3 tsp pure peppermint extract (find it HERE)
Peppermint Patty Chocolate:
- 1/3 cup raw cacao powder (this is the one that I use and love HERE)
- 1/3 cup Coconut Oil
- 1 Tbsp Monk fruit sugar
How to Make Homemade Peppermint Patties
You know by now that I love my sweets. With approaching holidays it’s easy to get caught up with all of the amazing food. You can also get overwhelmed with Christmas treat recipes, especially when trying to keep things on the healthy side. This peppermint patty recipe gives you the best of both worlds. You get a delicious chocolate mint candy without the added stuff that you don’t need. First, you will need to gather your peppermint patty ingredients.
Directions for Making Homemade Peppermint Patties:
- Blend your monk fruit sugar to a powdery consistency in a food processor before doing anything else.
- In a small bowl, whip together:
- the coconut oil (1/2 cup)
- the powdered monk fruit sugar (1/2 cup)
- and peppermint extract (3 tsp)
- Mix until creamy. If your coconut oil is too firm you can microwave it for a few seconds to soften.
- Next, drop, by the heaping teaspoon onto wax paper, and flatten with a knife or the back of a spoon.
- Freeze the mint patties for 15 minutes.
Adding Chocolate to Mint Patties
- In a small bowl, microwave the coconut oil (1/3 cup) and monk fruit sugar (1 Tbsp) until warm, and then whisk in the cacao powder (1/3 cup).
- Place a mint patty on a fork and quickly dip the patties into the chocolate mixture.
- The quick dip will only coat the peppermint patty a little bit.
- Re-dip each homemade peppermint patty 1-2 more times until you get the coverage you like. Set back on the wax paper.
Theis homemade peppermint patty recipe will make 16 patties and will last on the counter in a cool space, or in the refrigerator. You can also freeze in an airtight container for later.
For those following a keto lifestyle, these homemade peppermint patties are less than 1 net carb per 3 patties.
Healthy Peppermint Patty Recipe (Printable Version)
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup monk fruit sugar blended to powder consistency in food processor
- 3 tsp pure peppermint extract
- 1/3 cup cacao powder
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 1 Tbsp monkfruit sugar
In a small bowl, whip together the first three ingredients until creamy. Microwave the coconut oil for a few seconds to soften if it's too firm.
Drop onto wax paper by the heaping teaspoon, and flatten with a knife or the back of a spoon.
Freeze the patties for 15 minutes.
In a small bowl, microwave the coconut oil and monk fruit sugar until warm, and whisk in the cacao powder.
Quickly dip the patties into the chocolate mixture, and set back on the wax paper.
Re-dip each patty 1-2 more times until you achieve full coverage.
These will last on the counter in a cool space, or in the refrigerator. You can also freeze in an airtight container for later!
Recipe makes 16 peppermint patties with >1 net carb per 3 patties
For more healthy clean eating recipes make sure to follow my clean eating Pinterest board here: Clean Eating.
Don’t Forget – Follow Just the Woods and Share this post to Inspire others: