A poached egg maker is a key tool to making the best-poached eggs.
There are many ways to poach eggs but this egg poacher pan makes the perfect poached egg every time.
Whether you like eggs benedict or your poached eggs on top of avocado toast this eggssentials egg poacher is the way to go.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links for your convenience. Click here for my full disclosure policy
I am a big fan of poached eggs so I am always on the lookout for a great poacher. I love this poached egg maker, and it is especially great if you are making a healthy breakfast for several people. You can make up to six poached eggs with this poached egg maker.
What You Will Need to Make Great Poached Eggs
To make amazing poached eggs you will simply need large eggs, this poached egg maker, and a little water. This egg poacher is used on the stovetop and is similar in size to typical stovetop pans.
Unlike the traditional method of poaching eggs where the egg is cooked in a water bath of boiling water this poached egg maker cooks the eggs with steam. By using this method you do not have to scoop the egg out of hot water or deal with a mess.
How to Use a Poached Egg Maker
First, remove the poaching tray with cups and fill the base pan with about a half inch of water. The water level should be low because we only need to create steam.
Then place the pan on the stove and bring to a gentle boil.
Next, spray the poaching cups with olive or avocado oil to prevent sticking.
While the water is heating on the stove in the boiling tray crack the eggs and place one egg in each of the egg poacher cups. Be careful, and make sure not to break the egg yolk.
Once the water begins to boil place the poaching tray into the pan. Reduce the heat to maintain a gentle simmer.
Then cover with the glass lid and start a timer. Remember that making the perfectly poached egg happens in just a matter of minutes, so timing is everything.
Cooking Time for Poached Eggs
The cooking process normally takes anywhere from 3.5 and 6 minutes depending on how firm you like your eggs. Cooking times will vary depending on the stove as well.
When you first start using the egg poacher pan you will have to play around with the cook times until you find the sweet spot.
Once you reach your time then remove the pan from the heat and remove the clear lid.
These eggs were cooked for exactly 5 minutes and resulted in a cooked-through egg white and a slightly soft and runny yolk. For cooked-through eggs similar to hard-boiled eggs you would let them cook for at least 6 minutes.
Next, use the small spatula to remove each egg from the egg cups.
The Perfect Egg Poacher
Serve your poached eggs on toast or greens or however, you like.
Each little cup makes one single egg so you can make one or six eggs at a time.
I like my poached eggs with avocado toast or microgreens and cherry tomatoes and strawberries for a healthy start to the day.
How to Clean the Poached Egg Maker
You can extend the life of your poached egg maker with proper cleaning and care. Here are a few basic instructions for how to clean and take care of your poacher.
- Before you use this egg poacher for the first time make sure to clean it with warm soapy water.
- Clean it with warm soapy water after each use.
- This product is dishwasher safe, but because is it made of stainless steel handwashing is recommended to keep it shiny, and extend the life of the nonstick coating of the cups.
- Avoid using abrasive pads to clean.
- Dry with a towel to prevent water spots.
- Use the silicone spatula to remove the eggs to prevent scratching.
You May Also Like
For more egg poaching recipes and tips make sure to check out:
- Making Poached Eggs with Silicone Cups
- How to Poach an Egg in a Poacher
- Egg Poacher Cups and Pans for Perfect Eggs
- How to Poach Eggs in a Plastic Microwave Egg Poacher
- nonstick cooking spray
- Remove the poaching cups tray and fill the base pan with a half an inch of water.
- Bring the water to a gentle simmer
- Spray the egg poacher cups with olive oil or avocado oil spray to prevent sticking.
- Crack one egg into each cup
- When the water beings to simmer lower the heat to maintian a low simmer
- Place the poaching tray onto the pan and cover with the lid
- Immediately start a timer
- The cooking process takes between 3.5 and 6 minutes depending on how firm you like your poached eggs.
- When you reach cook time remove the pan from the heat and remove the lid.
- Gently remove the poached eggs from the cups using the silicone spatula
Nutritional info below is per egg
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Vital Farms 1 Dozen Organic Pasture-Raised Eggs, Large, Brown, Certified Humane, 12 Ct
Pompeian Avocado Oil Cooking Spray - 5 Ounce
Eggssentials Egg Poacher Pan Nonstick Poached Egg Maker, Stainless Steel Egg Poaching Pan, Poached Eggs Cooker Food Grade Safe PFOA Free with Spatula, Egg Poachers Cookware
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 70Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 180mgSodium: 65mgCarbohydrates: 0gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 6g
nutritional values are estimates and may vary depending on products/ingredients used.