As the cooler weather sets in its time for all the cozy food recipes that you can make in the crockpot and instant pot. All-time favorites are stews and soups. This green spinach soup is healthy and easy to make. Its packed with amazing superfoods and can be altered as you like.
Disclosure: This green spinach soup recipe contains affiliate links for your convenience. Click here for my full disclosure policy.
Healthy Easy Instant Pot Spinach Soup Recipe
What You Will Need (Full Printable Recipe Available Below)
- 1 (5oz) bag of baby spinach (I always go for the organic bag)
- 1 head of fresh broccoli, chopped into florets (appx 3 cups)
- Small bunch of kale, stripped of the thick stem and roughly chopped
- 1 Tbsp Coconut Oil
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 medium sized onion, diced
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 6 cups vegetable stock
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 2 cups full fat coconut milk
- coconut cream, drizzled (you can find HERE)
- salt & pepper to taste
- Instant Pot (HERE)
How to Make Spinach Soup
First, as always, you need to gather your ingredients to make your spinach soup and dig out your instant pot from wherever you keep it when not in use. We keep these type of kitchen accessories in the storage closet, in the basement, under the stairs. You can find all sorts of things under there from a food dehydrator, crock pot, oversized cooking pot, pasta maker, juicer, and food processor. You know, all the kitchen appliances that you don’t use on a daily basis but keep for the once in a while that you do need it. I’m not quite sure why I have so many random things down there. It may be time for a purge! But let’s get back to our healthy spinach soup recipe.
- Thoroughly wash the broccoli, kale, and spinach. Set aside.
- Turn your instant pot on the “Sauté” mode. Add the oil, onions, garlic, cumin, paprika, salt, and pepper. Sauté for 4 to 5 minutes, until the onions caramelize.
- Turn off the “Sauté” function. Add the broccoli, kale and the vegetable stock. Put the lid back on to your instant pot and make sure that the pressure valve is in the “Sealing” position.
- Select the “Pressure Cook” mode and adjust the time, with the “ – / + ” to 5 minutes.
- When Instant Pot beeps, use the “Quick release” way to let release the pressure. Use a thick kitchen towel while releasing the pressure to avoid burning yourself from the steam. I keep these orange heat-resistant silicone oven mitts in the kitchen. They work great for protecting your hands – HERE.
- Next, add the bag of baby spinach to the broccoli and mix it in.
- The heat from the steam will be enough to wilt the spinach.
- Blend the soup either by using an immersion blender or regular blender. If you don’t have an immersion blender, be careful when transferring your spinach soup ingredients to your regular blender. The contents will be very hot.
- Return the soup to the instant pot. Turn on the “Sauté” mode again.
- Add the coconut milk and simmer for 5 minutes. Also, check for seasoning and adjust the salt and pepper accordingly.
- Serve hot with a drizzle of thick coconut milk or cream and some sliced nuts for texture (optional). If your local store doesn’t have coconut cream you can get some online HERE.
- Serves – 8
- There can be a lot of variation with this healthy spinach soup recipe. You can use collard greens or swiss chard instead of kale and spinach if you prefer. You can even substitute cauliflower for broccoli. If you’d like to add a pasta you can throw in some tortellini for a spinach tortellini soup. Add whatever you’d like.
For more healthy clean eating recipes make sure to follow my clean eating Pinterest board here: Clean Eating.
Healthy Easy Green Goddess Spinach Soup Recipe (Printable Version)
Serve hot with a drizzle of thick coconut milk or cream and some sliced nuts for texture (optional). As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases. nutritional values are estimates and will vary depending on products used.
Nutrition Information: Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 163Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 13gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 566mgCarbohydrates: 8gFiber: 1gSugar: 3gProtein: 3g
Serve hot with a drizzle of thick coconut milk or cream and some sliced nuts for texture (optional).
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
nutritional values are estimates and will vary depending on products used.
Don’t Forget – Follow Just the Woods and Share this post to Inspire others: