A DIY Fall wreath can come in so many shapes and sizes. See how to make a fall door wreath from an upcycled sweater. Homemade wreaths made easy! If you have an old sweater then you can easily make this upcycled sweater craft. This craft is a super easy and super cute way to use old sweaters while being crafty and creative at the same time.
Disclosure: This upcycled sweater DIY Fall wreath craft post contains affiliate links for your convenience. Click here for my full disclosure policy.
Supplies Needed for How to Make a Wreath / Upcycled Sweater Craft
Materials Needed / Source List:
Upcycled Sweater DIY Autumn Wreath
It always seems like when the weather cools down we break out our favorite jeans and cozy sweaters. But sometimes our favorite sweater no longer fits, or we have worn it so much that we can’t wear it anymore. No worries, we can use old sweaters for creative and fun upcycled sweater crafts. Previously I shared how to make a cozy winter hat from an old sweater, and how to make a cute candle holder from an old sweater. Today I’m sharing how to make a wreath from an old sweater for a simple Fall decor project.
- First, let’s gather our craft supplies. Choose an old sweater, grab your scissors, foam wreath form, and hot glue gun and let’s get started. You should be able to find a foam wreath form at your local craft store, or even dollar store. But if for some reason you can’t, you can also find them online HERE.
- Start by cutting the sweater into strips of fabric. You will want each strip to be approximately 2″ wide and at least 12″ long.
- Next, apply hot glue to the end of one strip of sweater fabric and press it to the inside of the foam wreath form. Carefully hold it until secure.
- Wrap the sweater strips around the wreath gently pulling as you go. When the strip runs out, glue it to the foam form with your hot glue and start the next strip.
- Continue this wrapping process until the entire DIY wreath is wrapped. Make sure to secure the final strip with glue.
How to Make Homemade Wreath Rosettes
- To create the rosettes, take thinner strips of sweater fabric (about 1/2″ wide and 6″ long) and roll them. Or wrap them into a roll. Either way – roll them so that they look like a flower. Secure the end with glue to prevent unraveling.
- Next, apply a generous amount of glue to the back of the rosette and press them into the corner of your DIY Fall wreath, one at a time. Repeat, creating 3-5 rosettes and glue them in a cluster.
DIY Fall Wreath Sweater Upcycle Craft
Your upcycled sweater wreath is now ready to be displayed! Display your homemade wreath in your home throughout the cozy Fall season.
Don’t Forget – Follow Just the Woods and Share this post to Inspire others:
Stay connected! For more tips and tricks sign up here :