This healthy blueberry oat muffins recipe is delicious and easy to make. Plus they store well so they make a great grab and go snack. These can be adjusted for a gluten-free blueberry muffin option as well.
I’m a huge fan of meal prep and making a few batches of snacks at once to last all week. Eating healthy real food and clean eating doesn’t have to be hard or time-consuming. This blueberry oat muffins recipe is another perfect grab and go snack that can be made in advance to last all week. You can always find a batch of healthy muffins in my freezer. They heat up quickly to enjoy with evening tea or as an afternoon pick me up. Ready to make your own banana blueberry oat muffins?
Disclosure: This blueberry oat muffins recipe post contains affiliate links for your convenience. Click here for my full disclosure policy.
Blueberry Oat Muffins Recipe
What You Will Need (Full Printable Recipe Available Below)
- Rolled Oats (this is the one that I use and Love: HERE)
- Granulated Sugar or coconut palm sugar
- Baking Powder
- Mashed Banana
- Vanilla Extract
How to Make the Best Blueberry Oat Muffins
These healthy blueberry oatmeal muffins are delicious and you can alter the recipe for a gluten-free option if you like. The first thing you need to do is gather your ingredients. If you are going for a gluten-free blueberry muffin then make sure to get gluten-free oats (HERE), and substitute your flour with a gluten-free option (HERE). I often use organic coconut palm sugar over granulated sugar as well, but this, of course, is personal preference. This is the coconut palm sugar that I use HERE.
Once you have all of your ingredients go ahead and preheat oven to 400 and spray the muffin tin generously. You can also use muffin tin liners to make life easier if you’d like. Or a silicone muffin pan (HERE)
1) Add dry ingredients and 3/4 cup of the blueberries.
2) Stir together gently.
3) Mash bananas in a small bowl. Add melted butter, egg and vanilla.
4) Combine wet ingredients together well.
5) Add wet mixture to dry mixture.
6) Combine well. If the mixture is too thick, add ¼ oil and ¼ cup milk. I prefer almond milk.
7) Add 1/3 cup of the mixture to each muffin cup. Top with a few fresh blueberries.
8) Bake for 18 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean and muffins are getting golden brown. Cool on wire rack.
Make sure to make enough delicious blueberry muffins to share!
Blueberry Muffin Recipe Video
Quick reference blueberry muffin recipe in a video:
Make sure to check out my kitchen essentials list for what your kitchen needs for healthy eating: Kitchen Essentials
Healthy Blueberry Oat Muffins Recipe (Printable Version)
- 3/4 cup rolled oats
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup mashed bananas
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 6 Tbsp butter, melted
- 1 1/4 cup fresh blueberries
- Preheat oven to 400 and spray muffin tin generously
- Add dry ingredients and 3/4 cup of the blueberries.
- Stir together gently.
- Mash bananas in a small bowl. Add melted butter, egg and vanilla.
- Combine wet ingredients together well.
- Add wet mixture to dry mixture
- Combine well. If the mixture is too thick, add ¼ oil and ¼ cup milk.
- Add 1/3 cup of the mixture to each muffin cup.
- Bake for 18 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean and muffins are getting golden brown.
- Cool on wire rack.
Don’t Forget – Follow Just the Woods and Share this post to Inspire others: