The Everything you need for furniture painting, including tools, brushes, paint and more. The Ultimate Supply List for Painting Furniture. Furniture painting supplies and must-haves. Make sure to get all the tools and chalk paint supplies before starting your painted furniture makeover.
The Ultimate Supply List for Painting Furniture
You are into furniture painting, and these will help for sure. Painting furniture requires a wide array of tools and supplies. After sharing post after post of painted furniture makeovers, a few home decor posts, personal posts and even a holiday gift guide I realized that the most simple thing that I have yet to share is a basic supply list. I’ve decided to put together an “everything but the furniture supply list” or an “Every Girls Shopping Guide to Painting Furniture“. Though I do realize that men paint furniture as well, so I suppose that wouldn’t be appropriate. But you get the idea. I have an arsenal of tools and supplies in my workshop and I will do my best to include as much as I can possibly think of.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links for your convenience. Click here for my full disclosure policy.
All of my favorite tools & DIY supplies can be found on my Amazon page here: Just the Woods on Amazon
- Paint Brushes
- Furniture Paint
Though, not always necessary tools are a major part of the furniture painting business. Many pieces are old and in need of sanding or repairs. Here is a list of some of my most used tools as well as links to each.
2. Dewalt Orbital Sander – when refinishing furniture you often find yourself sanding to bare wood. This is my go to, number one sander to get the job done. An example of where I sanded an entire piece would be the Rags to Riches Desk Makeover.
3. Measuring Tape – for obvious reasons.
6. Assorted Sandpaper – it’s nearly impossible to paint furniture without using sandpaper, whether for prepping or distressing
7. Wood Glue – for simple furniture repairs
10. Tri-Dolly – Another fantastic tool to prop your piece of furniture on when painting furniture are these smaller dollies.
11. Screwdriver – this Rolgear screwdriver is actually a ratchet screwdriver. It comes with multiple attachments and is now my favorite screwdriver in my shop.
1. Cling On Brushes (Flat are my Favorite)
5.- Zibra Brushes – super soft and a variety of sizes
6. Yellow Detailer Sponges – perfect for applying sealer especially on spindles like in this How to Paint a Rocking Chair with Spindles the Easy Way
Quality Furniture Paint
- A trusted and safe furniture paint is Dixie Belle Chalk Mineral Paint
Make sure to keep your nice clothes clean and show off what you love at the same time. These DIY shirts are perfect for any furniture painter, and creative DIYer.
3. Plastic Shipping Wrap (every finished piece is wrapped for protection whether being delivered or picked up)
In the case that I forgot something you can also find many items in my Shop:
- Paint Brushes
- Furniture Paint
Now that you have your supplies you may want to check out How to Paint Furniture – a Beginners Guide.
I’ll be sharing this post at these fabulous link parties.
Don’t Forget – Follow :
Subscribe to our mailing list here:
PINTEREST PIN READY TO BE SHARED